Total Pageviews

Friday, December 13, 2013

A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz

In this collection of short stories all squished into one plot line, you follow Hansel and Gretel through a series of tragic endings, beginnings, and all in between. Adam Gidwitz read the original stories by the Brothers Grimm. Adam puts in his thoughts in between the paragraphs in the story and more than once he tells you not to tell these to children. A Tale Dark and Grimm is a very eye-opening book and makes you think about what you believe in life, what has meaning to you, and, of course, what is real and what isn't what it seems to be.

I would recommend this book to readers of all ages and preferences⎯except, possibly, young children⎯because it was very enjoyable and interesting. Personally, once I finished, I felt it was something I could have written. I hope to write something like this someday.

I'd rate this book a 9 out of 10 because it was incredibly interesting and I always felt the need to read on. This was creative and inspiring, even throughout the evil twisted into its pages. Sadly, though, not everyone would enjoy it. I think some things could have been revised better, but over all it was a great book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment